Monday

TERESA ECHEVERRI




Colombia, married (2 children)

I’m a doctor and I’ve been working in the voluntary sector for more than 10 years. I am the founder and manager of Casa de la Salud Hispano Americana. Haringey has big problems related with health inequalities and our organization is contributing to tackling inequalities in this issue. We provide health advice and information. We also help with the advancement of education in language and communication skills and with the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation.

Working as a volunteer is very important because you can help many people who are in need. But the job that I do in Casa de la Salud Hispano Americana helps me too, because I can develop my skills as a professional. It is a process of everyday learning from each other.
Our country and especially locals need people like us to do the job because volunteers are in extinction. It does not matter where you are from or where you live, next to you there is someone who need you. Give a hand. I chose to help in Haringey, because I love it,
it is my second home, where I have my friends and connections.

No comments: