Monday

ELIA DUARTE




Colombia, single

I have been volunteering in La casa de la Salud Hispano Americana for 18 months now. I started a project called ‘Clinica para el adulto sano’ (supported by La Casa de la Salud). We give the Latin American community the chance to have a free health check up and tips to prevent illnesses. A chance to approach to the community and make people feel more cared. Lots of people come from Latin America and don’t speak English so we give them a meeting point here to learn how they can find out about their health. I love to see how people improve their lives with our help, and come after just to say ‘hello’.


I don’t live in Haringey, but I spend a lot of time volunteering here. What I like about it is the big mix of cultures you can find. The problem I see in this area is that they have a lot of health sources but don’t know how to manage with them.

No comments: