Monday

ESAT BRACE


Albania, 41 years old, married (2 children)


I’m the director of Nene Tereza, Albanian Community in UK. We work with more than 300 Albanian children, aged between 7 and 15. We manage three supplementary schools where they learn mainly the Albanian language but Albanian culture too, as they don’t know much about it because they are born and raised in London.

I just do my job because I love it. I see the children we work with as though they were mine.

I set up the association in Haringey because here’s where you can find most Albanian people. I am very happy in this borough because you can find many different nationalities and I am happy, too, with its council. I would really love to work together with them. The Albanian community is relatively new and it can almost be “invisible” but we have our needs and also our energy to participate fully in this area.

My group is called Nene Tereza, as homage to Mother Teresa the best known and loved Albanian woman/heroine of recent years.

No comments: