Monday

MARGARET THORLI


Sierra Leone, single.


I’m the founder of Hope & Restoration MLB, where we offer different kind of workshops to unemployed people: life coaching, business management and mentoring, which I am in charge of due to my professional background.

MLB started in Haringey because of the high rate of lone parents in this area. As I went through trying to be a mother and working at the same time, I wanted to help other people in the same situation. But now everybody is able to join in.

The reason that keeps me going in this job is that I am really passionate about what I do. To see that somebody comes in not knowing what to do or where to go and see stage by stage how they find out and learn it is just amazing! I see people’s life in transform.

What I am really passionate about is just to work with the people and transforming their lives, particularly in Haringey because there’s a high rate of unemployed people. And I cannot forget that the funding we receive is coming from this area too. So I am linked with Haringey for all my life. I hope so, at least.

No comments: