Monday

CLAUDIA QUINTERO


Colombia, 37 years old, married (2 children)


I came to England only four months ago and have been two months volunteering in Casa de la Salud Hispano Americana. We help Hispano American people who have just arrived to this country and speak little English. They usually need some advice with the organisation of their medical issues or just need to go to the doctor. I used to work as a secretary in my country so I help with administrative tasks once a week.

At the same time that I am helping other people, this job helps me too. Because it brings fresh air to my daily life, I meet new people and I develop my professional career, as well.

In this short period of time I feel that Haringey is a busy borough, lots of people walking down the streets and has a deep multicultural nature, which gives diversity to the area. In Haringey, for example, I can find Colombian shops that are nowhere else in London.

No comments: