Monday

MYRTLE KNUCKLE




Jamaica, widow (2 children, 4 grandchildren)

I was a psychiatric nurse and now I run the Golden Jubilee Project, which used to be residential home, but it is now a centre for people who are isolated to come together and make new friends whilst trying out exciting activities. It is all about people getting together and making friends. It’s nice to know that there is somewhere where lonely people can meet.


I live by what I taught my children. That is, live for something, have a purpose and keep that purpose always in view. Drifting like an helm-less vessel, thou canst never to self be true, half the wrecks that strew life's ocean if some star had been their guide would have now been safely anchored but they drifted with the tide.


I have been living in Haringey since 1973. Many people used to say that it was a miserable borough but I wanted to proof it by myself. I fitted quite well since I came. The members of my local Anglican Church here were very friendly, they accepted me with open hands, and that made me feel at home. There is special warmth in Haringey. I think you can make yourself very happy here.

No comments: