Monday

HADIYA H - SAID




Somalia-Tanzania, married (2 children)

I’m the founder of African Women Welfare Association. We provide help to different African women who come at first to this country and can’t speak English or even read or write. We try to encourage them to leave their homes and come out, so they can integrate to their new society. Our aim now is to work together with other women’s organisations.

The reason why I do this job is because I’m a woman. Where I come from women are not given any chances, they are not equal and they suffer. Since my childhood I was thinking that I should change this situation. Helping women is empowering the family. When you empower the family, you empower society, you empower everybody. And this makes me feel satisfied.

What I like most in Haringey is that you can find people from everywhere in the world, and this makes people in this borough more tolerant.

No comments: