Monday

CHEMPABEN PATEL




India, married (2 children)

I’ve lived in Haringey since 1972 when I first came to this country. I love this borough because I know where to find everything and all the shopping areas are close from home.
I went to the Asian Carers Support group because I have a disability in my hip and I have to help to my blind husband to use the bathroom upstairs several times a day. When the Council denied me the help to build a bathroom downstairs, they helped me dealing with the Council again and again until I got the funding to build it. Now I feel safer at home because I don’t have to suffer each time my husband has to go to the bathroom.
I really appreciate the help of the ACS group volunteers because they have improved my life. That is why I collaborate with them to improve the lives of others (including those under my care).

No comments: