Monday

ANDREA BEBIN




Cuba, married (2 children)

I came to London 7 years ago now, and since then I have been volunteering in Casa de la Salud Hispano Americana as a medical assistant. I graduated as a doctor in Cuba.

This association acts as a link between the patients and the GPs. We help people with their requirements related to health issues. People come to us because they need help with their English and because they feel more confident here, as they are able to explain themselves better. Or sometimes they just need somebody to listen to them. Quite often doctors don’t have enough time to pay as much attention as they wished to their patients.

For me this is an enriching job, not only because I help other people, but because I can develop my skills as a doctor, too. Besides I feel how grateful our patients are to us and feel that they are learning with the habits we try to teach them.

People in Haringey are really nice, they help you too with anything you may require.

No comments: