Wednesday

Gosia Shannon




I am 40, Polish, and I have lived in Haringey for 17 years. It is a very multiethnic, warm, friendly borough very rich in nationalities. There are varied groups and a sense of cosmopolitanism. Most of all, I love that you can find everything here, because different people bring a wide load of things. Haringey is unique.

I work for PEEC Family Centre, where I opened a new charity for Polish and other East-European people. We help vulnerable people in need, homeless, elderly, young mums with their babies, broken families, people with alcohol problems. From my point of view this is really important because it brings communities together, it helps them grow, develop, improve.

In my life I have the following motto: “Out of inner being will flow the rivers of living water – and everywhere the river flows everything shall live”. I believe that negative things always have a counter-balance. A bit of goodness always wins the hardest hearts in the long run, and as we learn to love our neighbours as ourselves the blessings on the land will come. I also believe that it is time to love people with love that cover each others mistakes and help them to overcome their situations, by providing them with kindness and goodness.

No comments: