Wednesday

Andy Asukwo


I’m 25 and I come from Nigeria. I have lived in Haringey for 3 years and I think it’s a borough with a good environment, a happy place to live in. Most of all, I love the fact that there is good education in Haringey, and that the area is getting better and better.

In Haringey I work for Praisetek, an organization against drugs and prostitution. I would say that our work is important because the people need humanity, and that’s what we try to give them. In particular, I believe in change and that the people should fulfil their destiny, maximising their potential.

If I had to give an advice to future leaders of the area, I’d tell them the best thing is to know what you’re talking about, and to talk directly to the people you’re representing. It is essential that we represent those people that otherwise wouldn’t have the possibility to make their voice be heard.

No comments: